Decision-time came today, where I had to decide whether to enter for the Two Oceans half-marathon or do a smaller half-marathon as my first. Of those, I fancied the Darling half-marathon on 21st May 2011, and called and got the details for comparison. So I am tapping as I read and re-read the following factors.
- My spouse has lost an important contract as an IT contractor three months ago (when the company went bust owing 4 months pay), and although we are recovering well from it, and I am blessed with an abundance of lovely clients, I am loathe to spend the Two Oceans entry fee just now when it is needed for other things (as has been the case for the last two months).
- Although I am making phenomenal progress with distance and stamina, my speed is still slow (though improving).
- The Darling half-marathon is:
- About a fourth of the price for me as a non-South African.
- Only about 700 entrants compared to 11500.
- Three weeks later, which means three weeks extra training time working on my speed. And since I am progressing 0.1 km/hour faster per week, that means an extra 0.3 km/hour added to my speed).
- Starts at 8:30 instead of 6 am (a big plus for a non-morning person).
OK, decision made. My first half-marathon will be at Darling on 21st May 2011 🙂
When you have a chronic physical condition, anything that either emotionally or physically has a negative impact on you can make the condition worse. EFT is one way of throwing away the emotional rubbish collecting in your system. In the same way that we dispose of our household rubbish regularly for home cleanliness and hygiene, I use EFT to dispose of negative emotions for my optimal physical health. My health was not always as good as this. Please go back to around 2005 on this blog to get to the worst postings, if you are looking for how to tap for those really bad days of health.
Disclaimer – You are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Our use of systems that are trademarked or have a registered trademark represents our views and not necessarily those of the trademark owners.
Check out my new confidence program for any sportsperson. Thank you for reading this post and please share with someone who needs it 🙂