In the pool with my spouse just about an hour earlier… That in itself is a miracle, as EFT is helping my disabled spouse with swimming and gym solutions and keeping our marriage strong. Anyway, despite the disability, my spouse is a strong swimmer. And I suggested a race.
That was my first lap. So I was still strong (anyone with a lung condition will understand). I started by imagining there was a jellyfish behind me and swam for my life. Towards the end of the lap, I started panicking too much and let go of the fear energy and slowed down. I made a speed of 32 seconds along the pool. Best ever since falling ill way back in 1986. So, being cocky and arrogant, I decided to try and better it. Of course. No, I think now that I have actually tapped as I am typing, I do not describe myself as cocky and arrogant then. Just hopeful.
So I tried several EFT strategies:
- I asked myself what positive emotion would get me faster to the other side. It was hope. So I tapped for Hope. Speeed 36 seconds.
- I tapped for doing 31 seconds. But I got distracted towards the end (I did not have my contact lenses in and thought I saw a man swimming into my lane, so swerved to avoid him and lost precious time). Speed 45 seconds.
- I tapped for 31 seconds again. No distractions this time. Speed 38 seconds.
- I did a few lengths, after which finally I started slowing down again – 45 seconds. Then 40, then 45.
- Then I tapped for the deep shame of 45 seconds, and the frustration of not being able to make the 31 seconds. Towards the end of that lap, I started chanting in my mind “F*** You, COPD” over and over again. It also helped. Speed just under 38 seconds.
Then my spouse said that my lips were blue and that I had probably had enough for the day. So I just played in the water and we left. I did a double somersault. It was fun 🙂
I think next time I will give myself longer rests in-between laps and see if that helps. I also think that eating 45 minutes before going swimming was not a good idea. But I had been working alll morning and only got hungry enough to eat then. I had a light pancake with very natural ingredients, no sugar (of course), and a nice probiotic yoghurty (plain) dressing.
But you know what, I did about 10-12 laps today without even noticing. My legs did not get any tiredness and I didn’t get out of breath or feel the need to rest. Not once. Now that is a new thing. I choose to hold onto that. Hope. F*** You COPD Hehehe 🙂
When you have a chronic physical condition, anything that either emotionally or physically has a negative impact on you can make the condition worse. EFT is one way of throwing away the emotional rubbish collecting in your system. In the same way that we dispose of our household rubbish regularly for home cleanliness and hygiene, I use EFT to dispose of negative emotions for my optimal physical health. I call an emotion anything that your mind or body says to you, from fear to constricted airways. My health was not always as good as this. Please go back to around 2005 on this blog to get to the worst postings (when I was often bed-ridden, unable to breathe enough to get out of bed), if you are looking for how to tap for those really bad days of health.
EFT with Me, Suzanne Zacharia, Practitioner —
Disclaimer – You are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Our use of systems that are trademarked or have a registered trademark represents our views and not necessarily those of the trademark owners.
Thank you for reading this post and please share with someone who needs it 🙂