So, my work was going along nicely, my fitness and weight program going great, and for a reason that I have already tapped on now, I caught a flu kind of virus. Everything went a few steps back, and now I have post-viral fatigue. Luckily, I have worked with clients who had it, and I knew to allow my body to rest when it needs it.
I have tapped on:
- Frustration – I am usually an energizer bunny to the extent of being annoying, but now, everything is s l o w… There is so much of a work back-log!
- Pushing myself at the gym. When my body could take it, I managed a bit more each time. And when my body couldn’t, the tapping made me stop.
- Sadness – I have put weight on lying in bed for 5 days and will have to lose it all over again.
- The virus (“this virus”) and its effects.
- Feeling totally gutted staying in rather than run 12 km or attend my favorite Yoga class on a number of occasions.
- My throat, which is still not back to 100%.
Everyday, I am tapping a little. One step at a time, I am getting there.
When you have a chronic physical condition, anything that either emotionally or physically has a negative impact on you can make the condition worse. EFT is one way of throwing away the emotional rubbish collecting in your system. In the same way that we dispose of our household rubbish regularly for home cleanliness and hygiene, I use EFT to dispose of negative emotions for my optimal physical health. I call an emotion anything that your mind or body says to you, from fear to constricted airways. My health was not always as good as this. Please go back to around 2005 on this blog to get to the worst postings (when I was often bed-ridden, unable to breathe enough to get out of bed), if you are looking for how to tap for those really bad days of health.
Disclaimer – You are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Our use of systems that are trademarked or have a registered trademark represents our views and not necessarily those of the trademark owners.
Check out my new confidence program. Strangely enough, self-worth issues and related childhood mini-traumas come up time and time again, in treating chronic fatigue. Thank you for reading this post and please share with someone who needs it 🙂